mfshook62

Well Known Member
Bogi Bar Cups

I have an RV9a and when the Bogi-bar tow bar was clamped onto place on the axle nuts, it slipped off and removed a chunk of fiberglass from the wheel pant. This required a lot of hours for the repair and paint job. So I made a set of aluminum cups which are held in place by the front hex bolt on the axle forks. The cups are not exposed and fit underneath the fiberglass pants. I turned a few extra sets out of a solid aircraft aluminum rod. The Bogi-Bar fits inside the cups and the 9a is easy to tow around without fear of slipping and damaging the fiberglass. This is a very light weight alternative to the steel rods, longer axle bolts, and extra washers that are typically used for this purpose. If there is enough interest, I will start another run. The cost will pretty much depend on the number of folks interested.

200_7918.jpg

Last edited:
I would be interested

You don't say a price, but it looks like a good idea. If the price is right I am in. Thanks.

I have an RV9a and when I clamped the Bogi-bar tow bar onto place on the axle nuts, it slipped off and I cracked the wheel pant on one side. This required about one week to re-fiberglass and paint. So I decided to make a set of cups which I attached to the front hex nut on the axle. I turned a few extra sets out of a solid aircraft aluminum rod and gave some to my flying buddies. The Bogi-Bar fits snugly inside the cups and the 9a is easy to tow around without fear of slipping and damaging the fiberglass. I know that there are steel rods available for this purpose, but these are really light. I was wondering if anyone else is interested in a set. If there is enough interest, I could start another run.

They're nice, but....

....we simply added a half dozen washers to each side of the axle bolt and used an appropriately sized longer bolt to solve that problem.

Best,