rwarre

Well Known Member
Anyone ever used a product called Boelube for tie rod bearings? Found it at a bicycle shop and was told that Boeing used it on aircraft.

I used it quite a bit during my -6A build. Good stuff.....used it to lube small screws (#6 or #4) before running through platenut the first time to keep from breaking them off, good for running over hinge pins for cowl hinges until you get a few hours on them to loosen them up for getting cowl on or off.
Others can probably chime in on other areas as it was suggested to me by other builders - that's how I discovered it!

Chris

We used it on rod ends, cowl pins, etc on one of our RV9A's. It is very clean and effective, but stiffens up significantly in cold temperatures, to the point that you can feel it in the controls (slight but noticeable). Much more of an issue on the cowl pins in the cold, we cleaned it off and replaced it with our normal lps type lube.

Very good stuff to use on small screws. Just lightly coat the threads before installing. Makes installing and removing the little boogers much easier.