Hi everybody, I am installing an Garmin GNC 255 with an Dynon Skyview HDX in my RV-8. I installed a Bob Archer antenna in the left wingtip. My question is: I need an splitter to give GS signal to the GNC 255?? When I put the antenna cable to NAV position in the 255, I have NAV signal but no GS. When I put the antenna cable to the GS position, I don't have NAV reception.
Thanks

If the radio has separate nav & g/s antenna inputs, you need either two separate antennas, or a splitter configured to separate the nav & g/s frequencies.

(Some radios have that splitter built into the radio; some don't.)

Huh? Doesn't the 255 only have a single Nav antenna input? How are you moving it from Nav to GS? According to the 255 Install manual for a single antenna, single GNC no splitter is required. If you tune in a LOC freq and there's a valid GS signal it should display appropriately.

Hi everybody, I am installing an Garmin GNC 255 with an Dynon Skyview HDX in my RV-8. I installed a Bob Archer antenna in the left wingtip. My question is: I need an splitter to give GS signal to the GNC 255?? When I put the antenna cable to NAV position in the 255, I have NAV signal but no GS. When I put the antenna cable to the GS position, I don't have NAV reception.
Thanks

I am not sure what you mean by: "When I put the antenna cable to NAV position in the 255, I have NAV signal but no GS. When I put the antenna cable to the GS position, I don't have NAV reception."

Are you talking about the antenna (BNC) connections on the rear of the unit?

rf-lg.jpg

If so, you only have one for the NAV (receive only) antenna while the other is for the COMM (transmit & receive) antenna. You have to have both connected (separate antennas) in order for the unit to work properly. :confused:

GNC 255 Installation Manual - Appendix D-6 (Single GTR/GNC Installation)

I believe this has been adequately answered in the other thread, but the splitter needs to be removed.