Bob Axsom

Well Known Member
In the last few years women writers have become a part of the regular writing staff of AOPA Pilot (Julie K. Boatman), EAA Sport Aviation (Amy Laboda) and Flying (Lane Wallace). How do you think they are doing? I think they have earned their stripes and then some. I especially like the engineering like depth of Boatman and the literary quality of Laboda.

Bob Axsom

A friend of mine (unnamed :D , building a -10, comes to the forums sometimes) has the hots for Lane Wallace.

Having said that, she is one of the few reasons I still read Flying magazine. Really like her articles. Someone should give her a ride in an RV - that would make a good writeup!

Thomas
-8 wings

TShort said:
A friend of mine (unnamed :D , building a -10, comes to the forums sometimes) has the hots for Lane Wallace.

Having said that, she is one of the few reasons I still read Flying magazine. Really like her articles. Someone should give her a ride in an RV - that would make a good writeup!

Thomas
-8 wings
Thomas,
Regarding your second comment, somebody already has. Check out the August 2004 issue (back issues available).

Regarding your first comment...like your friend, I'm guilty as charged... :D

Writers

I enjoy all three writers. I find it interesting that when I read Laboda or Wallace I can recognize their style and their gender very quickly. With Boatman, I don't ever recall reading an article written by her that revealed much of her personality. Perhaps this is what her editors want. A fan base tends to increase salaries!

Last edited: