EchoCharlie1

I have been replacing my BMA systems with Dynon and am getting superb results. :D

However, I'm down to my BMA Lite, which used to operate the BMA AP, but no joy. The AP servos come to life when energized, but no luck in getting the Lite and the AP module to talk, ever since the big brother BMA One was removed. :confused:

Okay, fast forward. Since most (feel free to correct me here) AP servos are just electrical motors looking for instructions from an integrated source (vis D-9 connector), why couldn't I create a wire harness that matches the correct pin-to-pin setup? Yes, I'd be removing the BMA AP module to make this happen, essentially wiring from SV to servos, directly.

Yes, alternatively, I yank ALL the BMA stuff out and purchase the Dynon AP servos (in time, that will happen).

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

Not sure that will work. There are more "brains" inside the servos than one might think. Not as simple as a pin-out change. It's too bad, too, because interchangeability would save a lot of people a lot of bucks.

The Dynon servos will not work with the BMA stuff.

While some servos look similar and use similar stepper motors (not Trio), they are different in many ways electronically.

Clarity

Actually, I have the BMA A/P servos and a Dynon SV system, not the other way around.

So, as I'm getting an education here, am I to understand that the servos are more than just high-torque, high-precision electric motors?

Actually, I have the BMA A/P servos and a Dynon SV system, not the other way around.

So, as I'm getting an education here, am I to understand that the servos are more than just high-torque, high-precision electric motors?

Yes, much more...and your BMA servo's won't work with the Skyview either.

dynon servos have firmware on them and also join the network, ditch all the BMA stuff, the company is gone

BMA

NOOOO!!! Say it isn't so...I'm in complete denial (although already ditched the BMA One). :D

I was afraid of what I would learn here, but alas...the BMA AP shall be the next piece to be replaced. The last piece, the BMA Lite, will remain as a redundant source-only, until either Dynon comes up with a network-compatible 4" unit, or I just go with a D-series 4" unit.

Thanks for all the input.

For Sale: One, slightly used BMA A/P system. ;)