Vlad

Well Known Member
John Fleurent told me about the place a year ago. Deblois, Maine 43B has a great paved airstrip right in the middle of blueberry fields. The picking season is over but there are still a lot of ripe berries left. Day off, I go.

Everyone has its own propellant. The balloonists were about to launch from my field winds were calm.

He took off first, I hurried out of his way the air started to drift toward the centerline.

Climbed on top of Class Bravo and headed northeast. Passed Infantry School.

A snack, couple tunes and plenty of sightseeing hours flew fast. These dreadnoughts supposed to be invisible from 2 kilometers.

Here is my patch.

In thirty something minutes three plastic containers and belly were full.

On the way back while refueling at Bethel, Maine I met my old friend Claudio. He has the best RV8A in New England.

Couple more hours and I am home.

I wish I could make your BBQ Mark!

Fueling method

Curious as to what is the fueling system you have? Never seen such a thing. Looks like it must be a siphon of some sort. How long does it take to move 5 gallons?

Last edited:
So you flew from NJ to Maine to pick blueberries? You could have just flow to Hammonton NJ, N81, and walked across the street and picked some. Would have only been 4 dollars per pound, vs 40 dollars per pound....LOL Although I'm all for fun flights to far away lands.