DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
Thought that title would get your attention :).

Page 9: http://www.vansaircraft.com/RVator/2009/3-2009-RVator.pdf

289hcaa.jpg

Good news for sure

S-LSA is good. Color is fine, and maybe some white decals here and there, in my opinion, would dress it up some. Good news is good !

John Bender

The blue airplane is NOT an S-LSA.
N412RV is Van's serial #2. That is the S-LSA.
The blue airplane belongs to Mitch Lock, Van's rep on the east coast.

Chris--

The ratio of blue sky days in Portland makes this color an excellent choice in contrast! :p:D

Joe

Just for the record folks. This "Blue" RV-12 is owned by Van's Aircraft and is certified as an E-LSA. As their rep, I'll be using it to spread the RV-12 gospel.

The color was my choice. And there will be some silver striping, 12" N-numbers and a silver/white RV-12 logo designed by Van's Amber Peterson.

It's gonna look good.

Looking forward to getting it out there.

Stay tuned!

Mitch Lock

And there will be some silver striping, 12" N-numbers and a silver/white RV-12 logo designed by Van's Amber Peterson.

And also just for the record. Before the questions start, 12" numbers are NOT required on E-LSA.
12" numbers ARE required on S-LSA.

As Mel indicated, the blue plane belongs to Mitch Lock, the East Coast Rep. I spoke with Mitch at the RV fly-in at Lawrence Airport in MA a few weeks ago. He stated he has the engine from the original yellow 12 and his plane will also sport it's tail number. A lot of people will think this is a modified version of the original, but it's not. Van's wanted another 12 available for Oshkosh. Then one could be on display while the other was hopping rides. They chose this route, as it became uncertain whether any other kits would be ready in time for the show due to delays in obtaining the S-LSA certification and preparation of engines for shipment.

Next Color

I guess white would be the next logical color. Wouldn't that look sharp with all three lined up. God Bless America!

ELSA Paperwork

So Mel...since the blue one is an ELSA I am assuming that Vans has the "mountain" of paperwork complete....Operating Manual etc. Would that be correct?

So Mel...since the blue one is an ELSA I am assuming that Vans has the "mountain" of paperwork complete....Operating Manual etc. Would that be correct?
That would be a logical conclusion to me.

More specifically, since it is anounced that the red airplane (N412RV ser. #002) has been recertified as an S-LSA... the mountain of paper work must be completed.

n-numer height?

Mel,
Since 12 inch high numbers & letters are not required for an E-LSA, what is the requirement?
Larry

3"

Mel,
Since 12 inch high numbers & letters are not required for an E-LSA, what is the requirement?
Larry

FAR part 45.29(b)(1)(iii)..."Marks at least 3" high may be displayed on an aircraft for which the FAA has issued an experimental certificate under 21.191(d), 21.191(g), or 21.191(i) of this chapter......" Experimental light-sport is issued under 21.191(i).

12" Numbers

Since this plane is going to be flying around the DC area, I speculate that 12" numbers were chosen for the ADIZ requirement. What say you, Mitch?

Since this plane is going to be flying around the DC area, I speculate that 12" numbers were chosen for the ADIZ requirement. What say you, Mitch?

The Red RV-12 (N412RV) has to have 12" since it is an S-LSA. It just got new trim graphics installed so with 12" numbers on both, they will look like twins (except for the color and actual N number).

My understanding is that teh D.C. ADIZ does not require 12" N numbers (but I may be wrong).

There is no requirement for 12" numbers for the ADIZ. They are just what engineering at Van's decided to do. At least if I ever take her to Canada, I'm covered.

Mitch