aadamson

Well Known Member
All,

I have started a blog of my beta testing activities with a Vertical Power VP-200 system. Feel free to follow along as I convert what started as a traditional dual alt/batt, breaker, switch, panel to a VP version. This will include not only the wiring part of this project, but also the panel layout part. I had metal all done for the "old school" version and will be redoing my panel for the new version.

Let me know what questions you might have as I forge ahead with this.

For those not knowing what I'm talking about go check out www.verticalpower.com

For those who want to follow the Blog it's http://legacyair.blogspot.com/

Made some good progress on my Vertical Power conversion. Have completed the Load Planning Worksheet (see documentation on the VP website), also re-designed my panel to remove all the stuff that won't be needed any longer. To follow along, be sure and check legacyair.blogspot.com for more specifics and details including a copy of my load planning worksheet.

aadamson said:
Made some good progress on my Vertical Power conversion. Have completed the Load Planning Worksheet (see documentation on the VP website), also re-designed my panel to remove all the stuff that won't be needed any longer. To follow along, be sure and check legacyair.blogspot.com for more specifics and details including a copy of my load planning worksheet.

Added some information about how I'm going to automate the Ram Air function and the Canopy seal function on my Legacy. See the Blog above, also my final and signed off panel drawing are there as well. You'll notice no breakers, and only a minimal set of switches. Mostly the optional "overrides" and AP master/gps select. It's become a very clean panel.

Sounds like in talking with Marc, that my harness should be done next week. I'll be starting wiring in about 2 weeks.