prkaye

Well Known Member
I've been considering getting KitLog Pro. However, being a Canadian, the features for preparing documents for registering the aircraft etc will be useless to me. So I would basically be paying $55 USD for a blogging service.

There are many free, or very inexpensive blogging services available. Does anyone use these for their build log? If so, which ones are best suited for this purpose?

Expercraft

The thing I find about www.expercraft.com is that the fonts they use are WAY too small. Even for someone with better than 20/20 vision. If you have the resolution on your PC turned up to a reasonable level you can't even read the text on their main website.

What about backing-up the log with this service? Do they provide an automatic way to do this?

I'm almost tempted to go back and brush-up my HTML and CSS and just write my own webpage for my log...

Last edited:
You can take a look at what I am doing here with Blogger (Google). It is actualy 6 or 7 blogs as you will be able to work out quite easily. Its good enough for what I want and costs nothing. Steve.

prkaye said:
The thing I find about www.expercraft.com is that the fonts they use are WAY too small. Even for someone with better than 20/20 vision. If you have the resolution on your PC turned up to a reasonable level you can't even read the text on their main website.

Just wondering prkaye, have you tried adjusting the size?

If you use Internet Explorer, on the menu click "View" then "Text Size" and change it to "Largest". Now open www.expercraft.com to see if it helped.

Blogger

Thanks Steve, Blogger looks pretty good. Question... how do you back-up your log using it?

Prkaye, one of the many things I have not yet understood! The first level of backup is Google are doing it As I was starting they had some technical problems and the blogger community was in uproar but everything reappeared. Also, the archives are a duplicate of the current blog less the most recent bit, but I have largely disabled that.

I will find out how to take a copy but frankly I am not too worried. I dont think Google will let me down. It would be too damaging for them.

Steve.

My installation of Kitlog Pro stores the info locally on my computer in an Access database. I back it up to my son's computer on our home network. I've not attempted to "share" it, and the internet functionality is not a required component.