zkvcc

I'm New Here
Hi there, I am just making the torque tubes for the control system and the drawings ask for MD-42-BS blind rivets. My kit didn't come with them and Van's doesn't sell them on the website. What are the alternatives? are there and other rivets already in the kit that will work as a substitute?

A call to Van's may get them in the mail. Otherwise ask them if the proper size CherryMax will work? I have bought extra of both rivets from ACS.

Michael,

Not sure how far along you are in your project, but I just want to say that care should be taken in substituting rivets, especially on the tubes. (I wouldn't want someone to use a rivet that wasn't structurally appropriate) :eek:

Newer kits are using the MSP-42, which is available from Vans, but you should of course verify this substitution.

Newer kits are using the MSP-42, which is available from Vans, but you should of course verify this substitution.

That sounds right to me. The MSP-series rivets (Monel body, Steel stem, Protruding head) are the Cherry commercial equivalent of the Emhart MD-series (Monel body, Dome head) pop rivets.

Thanks, Bob K.