ctennis

Well Known Member
I have some MSP-42 rivets from my wing kit, and I received a bag with my fuselage kit.

I was going to put them into my aileron push rods, and I noticed the two rivets look different. See this picture for the two side by side.

Is this just a supplier change, or is it possible I have a bag of mislabeled rivets? I'm not sure which would be the correct MSP-42 if that's the case. One has a longer stem and is flat on the end vs. pointed. The body of the rivet is also slightly longer and the head has a more pronounced appearance vs. the one that came in bag 2331 with my fuselage.

(I have a bag of mislabeled 470 rivets, the wrong length is in the bag, so I can see how this may be mislabeled blind rivets).

MSP

What you have looks like MSP-42 & MSP-43
I measured the grip portion of both. 42 is the shorter one.
.315"
.425"

I have some MSP-42 rivets from my wing kit, and I received a bag with my fuselage kit.

I was going to put them into my aileron push rods, and I noticed the two rivets look different. See this picture for the two side by side.

Is this just a supplier change, or is it possible I have a bag of mislabeled rivets? I'm not sure which would be the correct MSP-42 if that's the case. One has a longer stem and is flat on the end vs. pointed. The body of the rivet is also slightly longer and the head has a more pronounced appearance vs. the one that came in bag 2331 with my fuselage.

(I have a bag of mislabeled 470 rivets, the wrong length is in the bag, so I can see how this may be mislabeled blind rivets).

There was a substitution made recently because of rivet availability, but that still doesn't mean that what you are seeing isn't a mistake.

If it were me, my first call would be to the people who sold me the kit.