atreff

Well Known Member
:D
At SnF, Hartzell told me that they were finishing the testing of a new blade for the Blended Airfoil that would be approved for use on the Angle Valve IO-360, that the announcement would be 'around Oshkosh'.

I just called Hartzell, got the part number and placed the order with Van's. The prop is not not on Van's website, nor on the Hartzell site yet either. Van's standard order form does not list is as yet either. Lead time: 8-12 weeks ARO.

Part number: C2YR-1BFP/7497
74" dia., blended airfoil for use on IO-360 with no RPM restrictions (per Hartzell). Van's price: $5950.00

Glad I waited
Art Treff
Asheville, NC
N666AT-RV8 Fastback
Finishing kit.

You will love it. My BA Hartzell is very smooth and performs great on my 0-360. Your's should be even better.

Roberta

How heavy?

OK, how much does it weigh? Does it weigh the same or less :) than the current or is it heavier :( ?

RV8RIVETER said:
OK, how much does it weigh? Does it weigh the same or less :) than the current or is it heavier :( ?

The TCDS says it's 51.8 pounds (approx. max weight complete), which is 0.8 lbs heavier than the 7666, which I believe is previously what was recommended for the angle valve IO-360-A series.

The 7497 is 1.8 lbs heavier than the 7496 BA.