Black Friday Deals

Check out http://www.theblackfriday.com has all the black friday ads scanned in.

Here is what I am looking at:

Sears: opens at 4am for:
-Craftsman retractable air hose for $39.99 (50% off)
-Craftsman 3/8" drive Torque Wrench $39.99 (50% off) 1/2" drive available too
-Craftsman 3gal 125psi air compressor $79.99 (43% off)

Fry's electronics opens at midnight:
-Android tablet 7" for $67 (Probably not the best quality, but 7" is perfect size for cockpit and can run OpenFlight (Digital charts, VFR, IFR, TAC, etc) on. Just take it home to WiFi and download it and you are good to fly!

Anyone else?

Dan

Check out http://www.theblackfriday.com has all the black friday ads scanned in.

Here is what I am looking at:

Sears: opens at 4am for:
-Craftsman retractable air hose for $39.99 (50% off)
-Craftsman 3/8" drive Torque Wrench $39.99 (50% off) 1/2" drive available too
-Craftsman 3gal 125psi air compressor $79.99 (43% off)

Fry's electronics opens at midnight:
-Android tablet 7" for $67 (Probably not the best quality, but 7" is perfect size for cockpit and can run OpenFlight (Digital charts, VFR, IFR, TAC, etc) on. Just take it home to WiFi and download it and you are good to fly!

Anyone else?

Dan

I don't have any first hand experience with that retractable air hose, but the reviews on Sears website don't sound very good

Sears Retract Air Hose

I got one of the $39 (on sale, normally $79) retract air hoses last year (link below) and was surprised with the quality. Usually Craftsman has some good stuff but not this one. After a couple months the hose spring won't retract fully and it's a pain in the butt to mount. The hose doesn't feed well back into the housing either & gets bunched up. Take a look at the link below but DO NOT BUY THIS ONE.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00916349000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

I later got the better one and have been very happy with it. I think it was about $170 but got it on sale for $99. It feeds well and is easy to mount. Unlike the cheaper model you mount the bracket first then a simple attachment of the hose reel assembly. I'm not sure if this is the exact model but it similar to the one in the link below.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00916340000P?prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2

Thanks guys!

Again, RVrs save the day! Thanks for the reviews and saving me a trip to buy and return the air hose!

I am still on for the torque wrench and air compressor! Not a monster compressor, but the price is right and I think it will do the small jobs I need it to do.

Dan

Again, RVrs save the day! Thanks for the reviews and saving me a trip to buy and return the air hose!

I am still on for the torque wrench and air compressor! Not a monster compressor, but the price is right and I think it will do the small jobs I need it to do.

Dan

Dan
Before you grab that air compressor, have a look at the Makita MAC700 compressor. I took a strong recommendation on VAF and bought this little gem last year and it is awesome. A bit more expensive than the one you are looking at, but very quiet and a real workhorse. If you can spring a little more cash, you won't be disappointed. I see it on Amazon.com for under $200 and the many reviews on there tell all.

Avery Tools Black Friday Sale

From Ken at Avery's:

"AVERY TOOLS BLACK FRIDAY ONLINE SALE ( THANKSGIVING WEEKEND ONLY!!! )

SALE STARTS THURSDAY THANKSGIVING DAY NOVEMBER 24 & ENDS SUNDAY NOVEMBER 27 2011

15% OFF EVERYTHING !!!! " EXCLUDES" TOOL KITS, DRDT-2 DIMPLER, SHOP EQUIPMENT, OR SPECIAL ORDERS.

"$1.00 SHIPPING" ON ALL ORDERS PLACED ONLINE !!"

Sears Torque Wrench

I noticed they have two of the same 3/8" model, careful -- one has 0.5 in pounds and the other 1.0 in pounds. Both were available on line for the same 50% off price.

Jerry Folkerts

Labeler

Office Max has a $40 labeler on sale today for $10. I used the cheapie version a lot so this new one was a welcome sale.
Seems the tape is of better quality too. Good for exterior use and waterproof, so they say......:rolleyes:

From Ken at Avery's:

"AVERY TOOLS BLACK FRIDAY ONLINE SALE ( THANKSGIVING WEEKEND ONLY!!! )

SALE STARTS THURSDAY THANKSGIVING DAY NOVEMBER 24 & ENDS SUNDAY NOVEMBER 27 2011

15% OFF EVERYTHING !!!! " EXCLUDES" TOOL KITS, DRDT-2 DIMPLER, SHOP EQUIPMENT, OR SPECIAL ORDERS.

"$1.00 SHIPPING" ON ALL ORDERS PLACED ONLINE !!"

Great tip. Just loaded up my cart. Not waiting for Christmass on this stuff.