Fearless

Well Known Member
I see an article by Bill in this months issue of Kitplanes. I'll have to give it a read.

Watch out guys. You think he's insufferable NOW. ;-) Wait until the next issue.

been there done that

...Different airplane, different (and extremely unreliable) 1.8liter subaru conversion that I re-engineered and made reliable..

i felt like a star..:)

Frank

Watch out guys. You think he's insufferable NOW. ;-) Wait until the next issue.
Watch it Marc. I could stop flooding your inbox with stories, and revisions to the revisions to the revisions to those stories. ;)

I hope y'all enjoyed the story. As Marc said, there are more to come.

PS. Don't worry about me writing technical articles. I don't know the difference between motor oil and olive oil. :D

PS. Don't worry about me writing technical articles. I don't know the difference between motor oil and olive oil. :D
There's a difference? No wonder I always smell salad dressing on cross countries.

Way to go Bill!

I can't wait to read your article. I imagine it starts out something like this:

"Let's be honest folks, Van's RV-9 is THE best RV ever. For all-around performance there is nothing that even comes close and here's why......"

Way to go Bill!

I can't wait to read your article. I imagine it starts out something like this:

"Let's be honest folks, Van's RV-9 is THE best RV ever. For all-around performance there is nothing that even comes close and here's why......"

Not exactly...

It is starts with something about pickup trucks. You will have to buy the next issue to get more.

The challenge for me is not to turn people off with my enthusiasm for the best flying plane ever, not just the best flying RV ever. ;)

Funny you bring this up, a friend who retired as a senior NASA engineer in the GA area once told me that in his opinion; the best aircraft designer ever was C.G. Taylor, the designer of the T-Craft and Cub, followed very closely by Van himself. That was some complement from a guy who as a hobby likes to buy aircraft plans and run stress and flight analysis against them in his spare time.

I see an article by Bill in this months issue of Kitplanes. I'll have to give it a read.
Define "this month's issue" please. August? September? Must be October, as I can't find Bill in any of the issues I have found at the news stand.

September 2009 issue

Sorry Kevin it is the September 2009 issue. My subscription hit my mailbox yesterday.

Great arcticle Bill.
My wife & I really enjoyed it.
My wife's been know to fall asleep in a middle of a sentence. That's okay with me as we fly, she always a bit nervous but settles in once we get some time enroute.