David-aviator

Well Known Member
My Trade-A-Plane comes just once a month so this is a bit late in noting, but the third May issue has a photo of a Super Rebel taken from Bill's RV-9.

Looks like the guys in Chapter 309 are very busy building and flying airplanes....congrats to all.

Fred did a great job building SR2500 N2500V!

It comes like the RV's, no interior of any kind and yet Fred took the time to make custom fiberglass panels that he then covered with fabric to match his seats. Dual electrical systems, GRT EFIS screens and a Dynon D180 for his engine management system and backup EFIS, 430W, and more.

The thing is IFR and a real hauler. After we did the W&B Fred opened the baggage door, waved his hands, and said, "You, me, full fuel, and 400 pounds of stuff back here!"

It is one cool plane, flies better than you would imagine, and does exactly what it is designed for.

Sometime in the coming months there will be a KitPlanes article on his plane. So if you haven't subscribed to KitPlanes, now is the time.

...Looks like the guys in Chapter 309 are very busy building and flying airplanes....congrats to all.
FYI - Fred is the current president of EAA 309, he took over from me after my two term limit expired in December. 309 has about 100 members; roughly 1/3 have projects that are now flying, 1/3 have projects under construction, and the remaining 1/3 have factory planes or are just not ready to take the plunge. Like all EAA chapters, it is a good bunch of people!

Last edited:
...Sometime in the coming months there will be a KitPlanes article on his plane. So if you haven't subscribed to KitPlanes, now is the time...
BTW, you can read about Fred's Super Rebel in the October issue of KITPLANES.

Bill,
I've just read Nora's First Trip to the Beach! Great fun reading. Did she see the article? How could she sleep?:eek:

Vlad,

Yes, she read the story. She always falls asleep, that's why I had to install the Dynon autopilot. She was supposed to be my AP but kept falling asleep on the job. ;)