DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
Hey Bill !

Any chance you can upload an updated pic of your RV-4 Fastback (RV-4F) project. Interested parties (me) want to see how it's coming.:)

Best,
Doug

My Progress

What would you like to see?
The canopy is done except for putting fabric on the inner side panels (it will have "EXPERIMENTAL" Embroidered on the aft panels). I don't have this fabric at this date, but Becky is working on it.
The turtletdeck is complete and the horizontal and vertical stabs are bolted on.
The interior is all but done. I'm working on wiring the panel (my worst nightmare). I'd rather put together two canopies!!!!
The brakes and lines are installed except for the AN fittings at the brake assembly at the wheel (These -3 size fittings are on back order everywhere. I've tried several local parts houses, Aircraft Spruce and other suppliers!).
Engine is hung. Sky-Tec Starter and Plane Power Alternator are on. Throttle/ mixture and governor are hooked up.
The wings are done and in waiting to be mated.
Let me know and I'll take some photos and post'em.

Thanks Bill.

Specifically I'm looking for the canopy/turtledeck intersection, a side view showing the overall profile and a quartering shot from about 8' in the air showing the entire cockpit (both seats). You asked <g>.

Thanks in advance Bill.

b,
d

Well, let's see what I've got per your request...
First is a close up of the intersection.
turtledeckh72706gy1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Also, here's a further away shot ...
turtledeckg72706uy2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This isn't my plane, but it's a real good look at the complete view. Tim Barnes' "Mean Green"
meangreen2rv4wb4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I really don't have a complete "look-down" interior shot, but maybe you can make do with the pics I've included...
interiorff32207ws5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
interioree32207bz9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
interiora32207it6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Hope this will tide you over till either I can shoot some more pics, or you can come over to the hangar.

Seat Mfg

Seats were stitched up by Beck Orndorf at GBI. They are really nice looking (up close) and they smell good too (Just till I start using them...Heh! Heh!)

They just recently moved from our area to North Carolina to be closer to older relatives. They are building a house and hangar at an airpark. I know their info can be found on the "TransitionTraining" part of Doug's site.
Good Luck!