When I tryed to update it says I need iOS5.1. I have an Ipad 2 Any ideas. I looked for an ap that is iOS 5.1 but couldn't find anything. Thanks

When I tryed to update it says I need iOS5.1. I have an Ipad 2 Any ideas. I looked for an ap that is iOS 5.1 but couldn't find anything. Thanks

It's not an app, you need to update the operating system. The current version is 6.1.2. If I remember correctly, prior to IOS 5 you have to perform OS updates by plugging in to your computer, open iTunes, and click update iPad.

Not to start a war but, Wing X has had track up for a while, just sayin......

Not to start a war but, Wing X has had track up for a while, just sayin......
Any map app has track up if you hold the iPad the right way... :rolleyes:
My iPad is the third GPS in the plane, so figuring out where I am, and which way I'm going, is typically not my most pressing issue. I love the new features of course, but the unrestricted view of my tip-up provides a pretty good track up view as well. :cool:

Also keeping "home" sort-of locked

Flew a couple of hours w Foreflight upgrade today, using my iPad2. Nice upgrades!

Track Up is good, but also keeping my location "Locked" to bottom-third-center while I zoomed in/out is also very helpful. It was a challenge to keep hitting the little CenterMe icon in turbulence after every zoom move.

The track up is smooth, I took a couple of quick glances in the traffic pattern, and it was smooth on pattern turns. Nice!

crashing .... a lot and easily

I'm not sure what the cause is but on my iPhone I can crash the new version consistently and with easy. Any time I attempt to use Settings -> Audio Alters Off, it crashes. If I exited FF from the downloads pages then restarting FF crashes. On more than one occasion, pausing the download and then returning crashed.

Testing after a clean reboot didn't help.

I don't need "track up". I really don't need the latest release. Oh well.

Glen,

I had some crash problems early on, but they were related to my IOS device running out of memory. I was trying to download more than my device could hold. Of course it is not good when an update to data comes out and it hogs even more device memory, at least until after the effective date and it then allows you to delete the expired data.