jetjok

Well Known Member
:(From reading all the posts over the past 1.5 yr, I know that many of our VAF members have visited ID, and flown into Big Creek for lodging or at least the huge breakfast. Unfortunately, I received some very tragic news about three weeks ago.
Earlier last fall the lodge was consumed by fire resulting in the loss of the main lodge building and the attached rooms. It appears to have been triggered by an electrical malfunction.
My wife and I were regulars while on our annual camping trip to Johnson Creek,and have stayed at the lodge also. The managers and owners are teriffic folks, and I hope that one day they will be back in operation.

http://pilotbrian.blogspot.com/2008/11/big-creek-lodge-fire.html

That is really sad.

We just loved Big Creek and this past year was our first visit. We were really looking forward to visiting again this coming year.
Hopefully they rebuild fast and are ready to go this summer.

Here are some pictures of our visit over the 4th of July.

326820013_73rup-L.jpg

326820829_BpApn-L.jpg

326821437_CtkpR-L.jpg

326829593_x85iw-XL.jpg

Small World

Scott,
The three guys seated in the background (to the right of the guy in the cowboy hat) are from my airport. The one in the cap was flying an RV-6red/yellow/blue trim.
My wife and I are not the earliest of risers and showed up in our PA-20 late for breakfast that day!

Last edited:
Small world!

Scott,
The three guys seated in the background (to the right of the guy in the cowboy hat) are from my airport. The one in the cap was flying an RV-6red/yellow/blue trim.
My wife and I are not the earliest of risers and showed up in our PA-20 late for breakfast that day!

Was it one of these?

326819386_ohLyZ-L.jpg

326824986_rdhaC-L.jpg

Was it one of these?

326819386_ohLyZ-L.jpg

I was partially wrong. The guy in the hat is not who I thought he was, as I went back and discovered that it was a different date than when I was there. However, two of the guys in your photo are from my airport. The guy with his back to the camera was flyng the GlaStar and the guy with with the sun on his face was flying the Cardinal RG. Who was in the polished and yellow RV-6?
I was at Big Creek the weekend before with my RV, and then again with my PA-20 for during the Yellow Pine Harmonica Festival.
Hope to see you in ID this summer.