N941WR

Legacy Member
Lately I have noticed that the font size used in the posts can be "normal" size or much smaller.

Since I started surfing this site with my phone, that small font is a pain!

Are people setting their font size down a notch or two or is this happening automatically?

Last edited:
One thing to note about VAF (and any site not specially setup for mobile devices) - the mobile device creates a virtual screen width and then scales that to its actual screen.

For example, mobile safari (iPhone) used 960px as it's virtual width. This means it is as if you open VAF in a browser on you computer that is 960px wide and then scale that to the iPhone screen.

One exception occurs when a very large picture is posted. The mobile browser tries to fit the full width of the website and this results in an extreme scaling. Here is an example.

Last edited:
One thing to note about VAF (and any site not specially setup for mobile devices) - the mobile device creates a virtual screen width and then scales that to its actual screen.

For example, mobile safari (iPhone) used 960px as it's virtual width. This means it is as if you open VAF in a browser on you computer that is 960px wide and then scale that to the iPhone screen.

One exception occurs when a very large picture is posted. The mobile browser tries to fit the full width of the website and this results in an extreme scaling. Here is an example.

Yep, but in the same thread there are normal (4) size fonts and then a few posts with smaller font.