apkp777

Well Known Member
Anyone successfully put 2 road bikes in the baggage area of a tip-up?

I am thinking about modifying the aft bulkhead to accommodate part of the forks or rear stays. The bikes are VERY light (7lbs or so). What about a shelf in the back?

I want room for two bikes and gear. Any thoughts?

Hinged rear window

Our Ch. 782 Pres Carl Dugger built his -9A with a hinged back window so he could load bicycles.

LarryT

Anyone successfully put 2 road bikes in the baggage area of a tip-up?

I am thinking about modifying the aft bulkhead to accommodate part of the forks or rear stays. The bikes are VERY light (7lbs or so). What about a shelf in the back?

I want room for two bikes and gear. Any thoughts?

Jeff- Frame only is 7lbs. The wheels and misc stuff adds another 6 or 7, . I would strip it down and reassemble if necessary to accommodate the bike.
5kha35.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Tony,

Can't help you with the entire question, but I wouldn't hesitate to modify the baggage area to give more room (I did anyway). Just be sure to calculate your W & B properly once that is done. I added a shelf behind the baggage area that occupies about half the bay back (~12" behind the baggage bulkhead) at about the level of the baggage bulkhead split (I made the top half into a hinged door that drops forward). I use if primarily for light stuff, like an extra hat and some extra clothes, and also for stowing my headsets etc. when traveling.

greg

This is my solution... Fits much easier in the back.

Who says homebuilders don't like a challenge? :)

34fe39fca56fdda050e71a38558a3b8e.image.525x550.jpg

Jeff- Frame only is 7lbs. The wheels and misc stuff adds another 6 or 7, . I would strip it down and reassemble if necessary to accommodate the bike.
5kha35.jpg
[/IMG]

drooool.....

(I can do that too, but my fingers are strong).

Smaller, lighter, faster than the eunuch cycle, and almost as fast as the bike.
904151-2.jpg

Only one small problem, they are not so good on grass.