airguy

Unrepentant fanboy
Sponsor
Does Facet (or another mfr) make a bi-directional fuel pump? One that could pump forwards or backwards based on a switch position? This would be for fuel transfer between tanks only, no pressure besides piping losses.

Does Facet (or another mfr) make a bi-directional fuel pump? One that could pump forwards or backwards based on a switch position? This would be for fuel transfer between tanks only, no pressure besides piping losses.

I don't know of a single pump that would do it, but if you tee each tank to two Facet 40109 pumps (one pumping in one direction and the other in the opposite direction) you could wire them to a single SPDT switch with center-off position and it should do what you are wanting. The 40109 pumps have built-in check valves to prevent flow through the "off" pump.

Fuel Pump

Greg,
I have a Carter pump on my fuel caddy I use here at the shop. I use it both directions by reversing the polarity of the motor. It pumps well in both directions. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/crt-p4070/overview/I have been using it for several years and it's showing no ill effects. Not sure I would use it without investigating the internal pressure regulator feature to see what effects that has on running reversed.

Last edited: