cln1owner

Well Known Member
Mounted my my WD-613-EF flap actuator tonight. When drilling the F680 block (center) it doesn't line up with the area not powder coated...

What's the best way to strip the powder coat off and leave a nice smooth surface? Should I just leave it as is?

He wants to leave a smooth surface. Tape the area off with good masking tape, brush on a little stripper and wash it off. Take you about 5 minutes to do that area. Don

Good Luck!

Maybe with an edge to work under, for a small spot, stripper might work OK.
I needed to strip a whole part, and I found paint stripper just about useless.
I ended up spending a loooong time sanding it all off.

If a part can take the heat, it burns off nicely with a torch.

For stripping whole parts, try Jasco aircraft/epoxy stripper. Its in a gold colored gallon can at Home Depot. You will need to really cover the part, dunk it if possable, and wait a few hours. It will bubble up, eventualy.

I use aircraft stripper from the auto paint store. I think NAPA also carries it. It would take about 5 minutes to do that little job. I have stripped a lot of powder coat. The Cub I'm building needed all of the rudder pedal and control stick bushing areas stripped. Works great. Don

Improving use of stripper

Another trick to improve the use of paint stripper is to install the part inside a plastic bag, AFTER you cover it with stripper. This will keep the stripper from drying out. It also keeps the fumes in. Place the bag outside in the sun, if it's warm out. This will also speed things up.
Charlie Kuss