idleup

Well Known Member
What is the best tool to cut soft tubing? I have a crude pipe-cutter that did not cut well and it says not to use a hacksaw in the manual. So what are you all using to cut the soft metal tubing? Maybe a link would be nice since if it is supposed to be a pipe-cutter I can get one better than the one I have.

- Matt

Hi Matt

I used a really small pipe cutter. I think the maximum pipe size was 3/4" or something, and the cutter fit in the palm of my hand. I picked it up at a regular hardware store.

Cheers

I use a band saw when I can and then dress the cut VERY well and clean the debris from the inside. Tubing cutter works but it must be used gingerly or you will crush the tube. I find the band saw much easier because it only needs 2 hand while the tubing cutter always makes me wish I 3 or 4 hands.

Jekyll

The small tube cutter you can buy at Home Depot works fine. If you 've had one for awhile and it's not cutting very well, they also sell replacement blades.

Dont' force it, let the cutter do the work...and clean up the cut before (and afer flaring) with fine sandpaper.