briand

Well Known Member
I'm sure many/most of you already know this but I was remembering my old days of doing assembly for a local aerospace supplier and how the Snap-on screwdrivers (mainly phillips) fit those AN/MS grade screws so damn well, so I ordered a couple after hearing about all the trouble getting your screws into the nut plates (some were tapping them :eek: ). I got them in the mail today and they just ran those screws right through the nut plates and the lead c-weight ny-lock nuts like they were made of butter (the nut plates not the screws :D ) They are about $9 ea w/free shipping on www.snap-on.com. I bought the GSDDP31 (#1) and the GSDDP42 (#2). The #2 is a must and I got the #1 just because.

Another good one in Apex tips if you have a multi-tip driver. The Apex Mini #2 is the only Philips tip we use in our shop for #2 screws. Even better than the snap-on tips IMHO.

Old Timers approach

I have just removed my seat pans for the 1000th time.
I would never have survived with just a manual scredriver. Battery drill is the only way my wrist can cope with it.
Here is a pic of a reasonably priced Bosch battery drill. I also have an Metabo, but it wasn't resonably priced, but worth every dollar.
Pete.