RV-4

Well Known Member
Hello Guys

I thinking about taking an Aerobatic Course with Greg Kootz in Alabama and after looking at the distance I came to the conclusion that it might be more fun flying down there using my RV-4 vs the airlines to Atlanta then drive over 100 miles to get there.

Since I'm not too familiar with VFR stuff in the States ( always go IFR with the big Iron ) I was wondering what will be the best route to get there.

I thought about going from CYMX then via KELM ( Elmira NY ) to clear Customs then to KPBX (Pike County ) then to Greg' Private strip..

Any particular ways you guys will be flying it, my plan isn't cast in stones..I used these airports more for planing purposes than anything else..

Thanks

Bruno
[email protected]

Best Routes

Helloooo

Any volunteers???

There must be someone out there who has flown this route before??

Thanks

Bruno

Helloooo

Any volunteers???

There must be someone out there who has flown this route before??

Thanks

Bruno

Hi Bruno I would suggest to clear customs earlier at KMSS or KOGS. KELM isn't showing as AOE and custom service there might be fee based.

The route is faster when direct. Just punch in fuel pricing data on FF or any planning software and choose the cheaper airports to refuel. VFR is very easy here.

Hi Vlad

Thanks for the info.

I choosed KELM as AOE just for planning purpose as it was on the more direct route but KMSS ( I'll look at KOGS) might be a good option too.

I've done a few flights VFR in the States and I'm planning on going to KOSH so I should get a little more hands on experience in the process..

I will be trying FF soon and if it is any good in the -4, I will use it for my trip south..

Is there a specific frequency in the States to get WX..I know about Flight Watch but never use the service yet..? In Canada FSS are on 126.7..

Thanks again

Bruno