airguy

Unrepentant fanboy
Sponsor
I've seen the prices for aviation oils rise a fair bit over the last year or so, and I'm wondering where others are finding their best prices in case quantities for oil. I personally like to run Aeroshell 15W50 which admittedly is one of the most expensive, and the price is starting to get my attention now. Where are y'all buying your oil and what kind of prices are out there?

oil-store.com ranges from a bit cheaper to a lot cheaper. I've not bought from them yet, buy my buddy just picked up a couple cases with no fuss.

Wish they sold filters...

But the...

oil-store.com ranges from a bit cheaper to a lot cheaper. I've not bought from them yet, buy my buddy just picked up a couple cases with no fuss.

Wish they sold filters...

...$22 shipping charge for a case to AZ ups the price a bit...

Look for Phillips 66 multi-grade aviation at your local jobber.... and set up a bulk purchase through your local EAA chapter.

As someone said, find the local Distributor or Jobber and buy direct.

In SoCAL, we have A P Fisher in Long Beach (Phillips and AeroShell) and Mathisen Oil in (AeroShell) Montclair. I have purchased from both. I typically buy 4 to 6 cases at once so that I have oil for the year. I also buy filters at least 6 at a time.

I have also been told that COSTCO next to the Torrance Airport carries Aviation oil at a good price.

(just looked at oil-store.com. I have paid the same price for oil at the above two local places.)

Last edited: