jhiggins

I'm going to be spending some decent money on some avionics upgrades in my RV-7. Who's got the best prices out there? I've found Stark Avionics so far has the best price.
Also, do any of the vendors ever run any super specials at Oshkosh? I'm looking at a Garmin 400 series and a Tru Trak autopilot.

"Best" price involves a couple of factors, including service if anything goes wrong.

Stein has about the best reputation in the experimental world.

Thumbs up to Stark

I bought through Stark, nice web site, easy to get a hold of and answer all my questions.
Heard a lot of good talk of Stein but wasnt able to get a price by email or phone.

Stark

I too used Stark. John was very helpful and was the first to give me prices immediately (within a few days) compared to the others. The major hitters such as Stein and others didn't even return calls or e-mails. They did apologize and would get back to me but never did. Spent over 20k with Stark so I was not tire kicking or looking for pen-pals. Great service in my book.

Stein has my vote

From a deployed Soldier - Stein has my vote. Always very helpful over the phone and they take the time to ask the questions that you might not know to ask.
As was stated earlier - find one company and stay with them. Over time this method will also help with their staff being able to make recommendations on future additions.

Cheers

Aerotronics

Don't forget about Aerotronics, they have a great reputation and a ton of experience building great panels for all sorts of planes. They calibrated my altimeter and pitot/static system recently and it was a pleasure working with people who really knew their way around the Grand Rapids settings menus.

Nucleus