LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
I'm intending to use the PROP 72FM8S9-1 (85) Sensenich prop on my 180 hp RV-7A.

Question: Does it make sense just to get a new one from Van's ($2660)? Or is there another supplier somewhere with cheaper prices.

I'm assuming that just writing a check to Van's makes the most sense since in the past they've always seemed to have the lowest prices ('cept for transponder antennae,that is)

Reconditioned from factory?

Bob, this might not be exactly what you want, but they have some at the factory that they can't sell as new....and run about $750 cheaper than any place you can buy it.

b,
d

This from my front page:

Specials Direct From Sensenich ...from Denise Metz (Accounting Administrator)
I have FOUR more if you are interested? $1850 each plus shipping (new these go for around $750 more). Here they are:

(1) 70CM6S9-0-80 (3/8? bolts, 2 ?? spacer for the O-320) this is an MRB unit, meaning Material Review Board. This means that it did not pass our NEW specs...we liken it to a ?factory second?

(1) 70CM7S16-0-80 (7/16? bolts 4? spacer for the O-320) this is BRAND NEW! We shipped it to a customer, and it was the wrong one (he needed 3/8? bolts) so he returned it. Since it left our QA, and came back, we have to sell it as used, but it was NEVER been flown nor even installed

(1) 72FM8S9-1-85 (2 ?? spacer for the O-360) reconditioned unit

(1) 72FM8S16-1-88 (4? spacer for the O-360) MRB (see above)

Thanks,
Denise Metz
Accounting Administrator
Sensenich Propeller Mfg. Co., Inc
14 Citation Lane
Lititz, PA 17543
(813) 752-3711

Rondure

I bought mine new from Rondure company, an authorized Sensenich Dealer. The propeller was drop-shipped from Sensenich to me.

0-360 72 FM _________ $ 1957 + UPS

see: http://www.kitplaneparts.com/products1.htm

The owner of the company is Stan Shannon, an RV-9A builder. Nice person, great to deal with.

[ed. Sorry to the person telling you this, but Stan passed away a few months back. BTW, I bought my first prop from him also! A really nice person. dr]

Last edited by a moderator: