cjensen

Well Known Member
I'm gonna need cowl plugs now that I'm out of my Phase I since my 7 won't always be nestled away comfortably in it's hangar all the time. I know Bruce's sells them for SJ cowls at $125. Is that the best deal? Anyone else sell them for the SJ cowl?

If you are looking for real low cost, pick up some round sponges and leave them in the plastic packaging, this insures they won't soak up any moisture and be "all weather"

Not looking for cheapness, just good product for the money. If Bruce's is the best for the money, I'm good with that. I just wanna know before I buy if someone knows of anything better for the money. :) I want the red covered plugs with flags...

FWIW, I have Bruce's plugs for my -7A with SJ cowl, and they are great. No flags on mine though. Not cheap, but they look great, quality stuff.

Yeah, I've been doing some looking around today, and it seems like Bruce's may be the best route. Several people have emailed me to tell me they are the best.

I made some from foam material and took them to a local seamstress (try any drycleaning place) to have her sew covers on them from some fairly weatherproof material. Total cost was about $50 and I got my choice of colors! That included a smaller plug for the snorkel, and all three plugs sewn together with a piece of nylon strap.

greg