bruceh

Well Known Member
Friend
I bought 2 of the 12V cigarette lighter type power ports. Just wondering what the collective wisdom of this forum is before I start drilling holes to mount them.

Panel?
Baggage area?
Down between the seats somewhere?
One or more of the above?

In most cars they are in the center console down low or between the seats/armrest. It looks like I can get one or both of these down on the little doghouse housing cover for the fuel injection pump/filter. My particular installation there has sufficient clearance around the plumbing, but I'm not sure this is a good location due to the potential for making sparks.

I mounted one on the bottom of the panel that is forward of the instrument panel. It's out of the way, reachable and doesn't take up panel space.
Mine is tied directly to the battery so I can plug in my battery maintainer.

Mine are located in the lower right side of the panel because they are not needed for flight.

One of them is wired to the always hot buss with heavy wire and protected by a 7.5A breaker. That allows me to charge the battery through it. The second one is on the avionics master.

Aux power port

Could not make up my mind where to drill the panel so it went at the bottom of the sub panel. Out of sight but can still reach it in flight.

Passenger seat arm rests.

P4150035.jpg