Casey Stewart

Well Known Member
Lets start it off with the idea that i am one of the rare young pilots. My dad and I began building our first plane in 1998. It was completed in 2002. In February of 2006, we began work on an RV-7 with the desire for speed. Our first plane cruised at 85kts. We completed the -7 in December '09 and reached 100 on the hobbes today.

I have been flying (with controls quite often) since i was 9. I am now 16 and consider myself to be spoiled in aviation terms. Today, my dad and I decided to go for a flight around the puget sound (we are based out of Arlington). We took off and went south for some aerial photography of Mt. Rainier. Then it was back North for some flights above the san juan islands at 1500'. Back into land at Arlington following the Blackjack squadron, the local group of RV formation pilots, all in about an hour.

I just began ground school and will be starting official lessons in September. I realize that i have an amazing opportunity and will never forget the good times my dad and i have spent together because of our planes.

Here are some pics of the flight--- ( the shot of the plane on the ground was earlier this summer)
0552.jpg

180.jpg

175.jpg

169.jpg

198.jpg

178.jpg

We are flying back to oshkosh in a week or two so ill put up those pics when we get home

-Casey Stewart
RV-7 Lycoming IO-360 Constant Speed

Welcome to VAF!!!!

Casey, welcome to the Force.

Nice photos, thanks.

And you figured out posting photos on your first try----major congrats due.:confused:

Good to have you here, how about some more photos/info on the 7.

You are so correct about being blessed with the opportunity to be involved in aviation. Keep at it.

Enjoy the ride.:D

Whenever I read testimonials like this....

...I get that warm, fuzzy feeling and a great admiration for a wonderful father sets in!

You're a very fortunate young man and most welcome on here to tell us these beautiful stories.

May I suggest that you go and give your dad a big hug and let him know just how much you appreciate all that he has done for you!!

Best,

Good story!

Not only do you have a great family story but you have the fortune to live in a beautiful part of the country. I'm envious! I can't wait to move back out West and scenery like you've shared.

You will be great pilot Casey! Welcome to the Force and best wishes to your dad!

Welcome to VAF Casey,

indeed, you are blessed more than nearly all wrt flying at your age. Study hard for your PP and stay aware there is always more to learn.

the FORCE be with you ..........

the best hobby or interest is here.!!!!!!!!
img0602n.jpg

Given where you're based, i'd hope that you'll be at the Arlington Fly-In this year. I'll be flying down Friday, i'll try to remember to look for your -7 and say hi (there's so much to do when you're only going to be there one night...).

The plane and the plans

I will be at Arlington this year. If we get our usuall spot, we will be next to the west taxiway near the opening in the ultralight hangars.

The plane is a standard 7, slow build, slider canopy Lycoming IO-360 with light speed ignition and fuel injection. Dynon D-10 and D-100 gracing the instrument panel. See you all at the airshow!!

Casey

Casey, I can tell you are a great kid. Keep up the good work, and show us more great pictures! Our son was raised with an airplane but to date at almost 30, still does NOT have his Private Pilot......He now wishes he had done so earlier in his life.

Tina @ www.tinaspilotshop.com
Mooney 6614U

You are so correct about being blessed with the opportunity to be involved in aviation. Keep at it.
Enjoy the ride.:D

Casey,
Mike's statements are exactly what I wanted to say to you. You are indeed a lucky young man. However, I truly believe that you are aware of that fact, and have no doubt that someday...somewhere and somehow, you will at some point in time "pay it forward".
I add my welcome to the VAF, and hope that you will keep all of us posted on your progress. Not only in flying, but school and just the seemingly small victories that you will have as you grow to be an adult.
Hopefully, all of us VAF'ers will have the opportunity to meet you someday.

Hi Casey,

It was nice meeting you at Arlington Friday evening. Your mom looked very proud of you. You have so much ahead of you and enjoy every minute of it. This hobby will just keep getting better. I can't imagine where it will be in the next 20 years.