Saville

Well Known Member
Hi all,

For those of you who use iPad mini's and a kneepad holder for it, can you recommend a good one? I want something where the iPad is held to a frame and a back and the frame/back is attached to the retaining strap.

I do not want something that clips the retaining strap just to the edges of the iPad as that will tend to flex it.

Thanks

John - do you find you would see the screen better and be better able to use the touch screen interface if the Nexus was inclined on an upward angle relative to your thigh? I've had my Nexus strapped to my leg with simple velcro straps and seem to want the device inclined so I can read it better. Just wondering about your observations.

I have a MyClip Mini iPad Kneeboard.
Good, and ?lower chance of iPad overheating than other kneeboarding option.
Cons - not cheap.

iPad Mini Knee holder

I have my iPad mini in a "Life Proof" case and the best holder I have used is by far is my right thigh. I just place it there and it stays. When it comes time you can remove it with little to no effort. With the same minimual effort the iPad can be moved around for the best viewing angle for the lighting conditions or simply stowed between the seats. Plus reattaching to the holder is dirt simple, just place on the thigh and again it stays put. And best of all for most of us it is as inexpensive as you can get, free. My second choice is the empty right seat if flying alone or on the left thigh of my wife. This of course is my favoriate place in the summer when she usally has on shorts :D

iPad holder

I second JohnInReno's recommendation. I use the adult size for my iPad Air; works great and easy to rotate to the side of my leg so it's out of the way for pattern work and landing.