rvator51

Well Known Member
Which hotel would you pick to stay in for next years LOE? We stayed at the Red Roof Inn and didnt like it because internet access was $8 a day and they didnt have a pc to use or a continental breakfast. I ended up parking in the La Quinta parking lot next door and connecting with the internet on my laptop from the car. La Quinta has free wireless internet as well as high speed internet in each room and a breakfast in the morning. Based on that, it sounds like a better deal than Red Roof for about the same price.

At the La Quinta, we had to futz with the hvac and rig the toilet with dental floss at night to keep it from running (the cutoff valve didn't even close).

I've used the Confort Suites on Sunland several times - rooms are clean, wireless internet works (most of the time), and the free breakfast is actually hot!

They even gave us a better rate this year than what the internet listed as their "lowest" when they saw that we were with the "airplane group"...

Another negative vote for the Laquinta!

We weren't happy with the Laquinta either.
We are still arguing over the fact that we were charged 25% more than the quoted price.
The "free" breakfast was very sparse.

We stayed at the Sunland Holiday Inn just off exit 13. Clean rooms, Internet (dunno 'bout wi-fi), Fitness Center, Lounge, Nice staff, Recent re-model, Restaurant, and Pool.
$90 + seven different taxes = $121 per night.
I'd stay there again for sure.

Comfort Suites

There are a few new motels going up but for now WE will
be at the Comfort Suites next year.
New Marriot going in and another one on Remcon drive.

Red Roof is OUT.

depends on what you want.

For Sonya and I, proximity to the 5t6 came secondary to luxury, so we stayed at the Radisson airport in El Paso, about a 1/2 hour drive.

Very, very nice hotel.

Maybe next year we'll book closer, probably not.

YMMV