bhester

Well Known Member
Patron
I'm flying to Sun-n-Fun and want to know which airport would be the best place to stop for fuel in the lower third of Georgia. It would be great to grab a bite to eat also.

Stop

Waycross (kwys) for hamburgers and hot dogs right in the FBO building.
Homerville (khoe) for gas prices. At least they used to be the cheapest.

Moultrie (KMGR) is a very nice place to stop. Many times I've stopped there they've had either bottled water (in an ice box), popcorn, or fresh baked cookies, or all of the above. Gas prices there have historically been pretty decent, but looking at Airnav, it looks a bit high now.

KMGR - KVLD

Yes, I've stopped in Moultrie before, was thinking I might try Voldosta.

KEUF

If you going down the western side of Georgia, I can recommend KEUF
http://www.airnav.com/airport/KEUF

They have a small restaurant next door to the airport (20 yards) and generally the lowest fuel in this area. Check the times the restaurant is open, they do have limited hours. Many of the local pilots here like to go down there on Sundays for their southern style buffet.

Have a great trip,
Lynn

Say Bobby...

Have you tried the trip planning feature of Airnav.com?

Click "fuel prices" and there is a trip planning feature.

Best,

I'm flying to Sun-n-Fun and want to know which airport would be the best place to stop for fuel in the lower third of Georgia. It would be great to grab a bite to eat also.

Bobby, I usually stop @ KMGR but, as one poster said, their fuel is a bit on the high side right now. That being said, my second choice is Perry/Foley, FL (40J), about 80 miles south of KMGR. They have a nice new FBO building and the manager is from Goodlettsville! They have a self serve 100LL pump and the prices are usually 30 cents cheaper.

Take a look at Baxley GA KBHC. Fuel prices are now $4.35. They grill out hamburgers and hot dogs free to pilots and crew during Sun-N-Fun. Might give them a call to make sure the cook out is happening this year...sure has for the past ten or so. Nice folks and self serve fuel.:)
Dave (Swift Driver)

Discounted $1.25 and they feed you.

VALDOSTA FLYING SERVICE
AIRPORT NAME: Valdosta Regional Airport
AIRPORT DESIGNATOR: KVLD
ADDRESS: 2626 Madison Hwy.
CITY: Valdosta
STATE: GA
ZIP: 31601
EMAIL: [email protected]
PHONE: (229) 242-3175
FUEL AVAILABLE:
AVGAS: No
100LL: Yes
JETA: No
JETA /P: Yes
FULL SVC: Yes
SELF SVC: Yes
MAINTENANCE: No
FUEL DISCOUNT: $1.25 per gal. discount for SUN 'n FUN 2011 patrons.
OTHER DISCOUNTS OR SERVICES: Discount: 4th ANNUAL "FREE, CHEAP & EASY SUN 'n FUN WEEK! FREE food, CHEAP fuel & EASY stop to and from SUN 'n FUN 03/28/2011 - 04/04/2011