rkiefer2

Well Known Member
Im in process of getting a kit and tools from NV send to WI. This is an RV emp kit and tools both in crates.

I called Tony Partain and it doesnt sound like he's interested in shipping the crates.

I got a quote from a broker called freight center, but there a middle man and don't have very good reviews. Also many complaints about extra charges, lost shipments, damage, etc.

Anyone have a recommendation on who I should use to get this kit/tools shipped from NV to WI?

LTL Carrier

I can't recommend a specific carrier, but if you goggle LTL carriers (less than load) you can easily find one that will quote. You may need a lift gate service (which costs extra) if you don't have a loading dock and fork lift available at each end. Or you can pick up the load at the nearest truck terminal if you have a pickup or trailer?

Fastenal

If both parties have a fastenal near them I would recommend shipping this way. Google fastenal shipping for a lot of information and reviews. I recently received a low time engine shipped from Florida to Minnesota this way. Went off with out a hitch and reasonable rates.

Mark

I just shipped an O-360 to Western Virginia from Reno Stead (RTS). The Virginia guy set up the transport so sorry don't have the details. The cost of shipping was $525, picked up on Monday at 5:30p, spent the night in local warehouse, left Tues morning arrived Virginia noon Fri. The Virginia guy says the trick is to ship from a business address and receive at a business address. Dan

Old Dominion freight is usually well priced. You will need forklift and/or dock to load the truck (they are more commercially oriented).

I will 2nd the Old Dominion freight. Just received our fuselage kit from Vans shipping to Wisconsin and they were very reasonable. Would use them again in a heart beat. They also had a drop gate on the trailer.