13brv3

Well Known Member
Greetings,

I'm going to have to get builders insurance for my project, to keep the county hangar police off my tail. It's been a while since I got a "builders risk" policy. Who's got the best deal on these now? FWIW, I just need to cover the county's $300K liability requirements.

Thanks,
Rusty

Jennie at Nationair had the best rates 9 months ago for me. Why does your county require insurance on a bunch of airplane parts?

Greetings,

I'm going to have to get builders insurance for my project, to keep the county hangar police off my tail. It's been a while since I got a "builders risk" policy. Who's got the best deal on these now? FWIW, I just need to cover the county's $300K liability requirements.

Thanks,
Rusty
I'd second the recommendation to call Jennie Estes. I pay $200 annually for, I think, the same coverage. I don't carry insurance on my parts. She knew exactly what I needed.

Why does your county require insurance on a bunch of airplane parts?
This is pretty standard, I think. The county could care less about our airplane parts. They're concerned with what our airplane parts (or airplanes) could do to their hangar! It's essentially liability coverage that they want leaseholders to have.

Last edited:
Anyone have contact info for Jeannie? I'm going to have to add my RV pretty soon.

Jim

Thanks for the info. I've used Nationair in the past, so I'll give Jenny a call.

As for why the county requires it, I quit trying to understand these things years ago :rolleyes:

Rusty