Davea320

Well Known Member
Been going to OSH for several years now. Usually arrive on Monday and leave Friday. My son really enjoyed watching a few arrivals and departures during the week last year and was thinking of going a little earlier this year to watch the masses come in. My tentative plan is to arrive sometime Sat afternoon and watch the arrivals that day and Sunday. We drive in and camp so I’m looking for any info anyone is willing to share.

Thanks
Dave

Sat and Sun pre show are awesome times for arrival watching!

All depends on the weather though!

Agreed - weather permitting, come in Saturday afternoon. Bring a radio and a chair, and park yourself up close to the runway to view the action.

I like Sunday, weather permitting, and sit out by the VOR to watch 9-27, especially when the mass arrivals are plugging up the north-south runway.

Airplane watching.....

I like Sunday, weather permitting, and sit out by the VOR to watch 9-27, especially when the mass arrivals are plugging up the north-south runway.

Oh, I think the mass arrivals on 36 are the biggest hoot! If you look up UTube videos of landings, they seem to all be what is happening on 36! Plenty of flightline to sit on as well. Best place seems to be near Classic Point or Magoo Point in the Vintage area....:):D:eek::eek::eek:

Agreed - weather permitting, come in Saturday afternoon. Bring a radio and a chair, and park yourself up close to the runway to view the action.

… and binoculars, and an iPhone or iPad with ADSB tracking (FlightAware, Flight Radar 24, global.ADSB.exchange)

I also like departures.... after show.... a parade of planes taxing and takeoffs.

What year was it that had the cross winds (last year or year before). I did not attend but saw the Youtube videos. Good gosh crosswind landing skills for some were very good... some not so much... almost scary.