KJBSouth

Well Known Member
The eyebolts at the ends of Berringer master cylinders have 6mm holes through the bearings.

In contrast, Vans master cylinders have holes for AN3-7 and AN3-11 bolts. Does anyone has a source of equivalent 6mm bolts? I've searched the net and found 6mm bolts, but all are threaded all the way to the hex head. The bearings and washers should have unthreaded support.

Or, is there another solution that other Berringer users have found to work?

If you purchased the RV kit it should have included the BGE-011 rod end adapters which insert into the bearings and reduce the dia to 3/16".

If you purchased the RV kit it should have included the BGE-011 rod end adapters which insert into the bearings and reduce the dia to 3/16".

Walt, thanks. So that's what those parts are for! You have saved me considerable time and money!

Would you recognize the Berringer parts in the following photo, or know what they are for?

P082415(66).JPG

I'm still trying to sort out the whole installation. Especially which fittings goes where. But the 2 brackets in the middle of your photo, I thought those were for mounting the reservoirs.

Jay

I'm still trying to sort out the whole installation. Especially which fittings goes where. But the 2 brackets in the middle of your photo, I thought those were for mounting the reservoirs.

Jay

You may be right, they look just like the parking brake arm.

I think they use the same (or very similar) bits for both parking brake arm and reservoir mounts.

Be aware that the bulkhead fitting is not an AN fitting, but is automotive: 45 degrees, not 37 as it should be. Beringer is currently sourcing the proper fittings.

Thanks,
Russ