Jerry Cochran

Well Known Member
Folks,

I was fooling around with Weathermeister last nite and discovered that Bermuda is 570nm E. of Cape Hatteras which today in an RV 3:30 going and 3:45 returning, quite doable in one of our fine aircraft especially so if throttled back a bit.

So, if anyone has taken that trip, how about a pirep with lots of details? Are life rafts and IFR required? Customs of course, and are the folks there friendly?

I'm 3/4 there and the ap just closed?

I'd be a bit nervous about that trip. Just my personal comfort level. Customs are easy enough however. HF is required I believe.

yes, made that trip about 20 times but in a 60 boat with enough supplies to take a dozen people. i really doubt any rvs have made that route. :D

NO avgas in Bermuda.

I found this page on the Bermuda airport.

"Aviation gasoline - for propeller-driven aircraft - is not available anywhere at the airport or anywhere else in Bermuda. Any aircraft can use Bermuda. If it requires avgas, because it has a reciprocating engine, it will have to have enough range to travel to Bermuda and back from the USA on one tank of gas."

Makes me wonder if you could figure out a way to use mogas if it is available on the island.