wirejock

Well Known Member
Questions, questions.
1. What is the torque for the fitting in the reservoir?
2. Can the reservoir be mounted in a builder fabricated plate instead of the little arm supplied?
3. Can banjo connectors be used on the reservoir instead place of the nipples?
4. Has anyone installed and used the system without the ALIR valve? PIREP please. Saves making two lines and a little weight but if it's a necessary item, I already have a bracket ready to go.

I'm leaving my ALIR valve off too. Saves a bit of weight and complexity. Should also make bleeding the brakes a bit quicker.

Those Beringer installs that we have been a part of used the Vans reservoir in the stock location. We also changed the banjo hose ends to AN, and used a banjo/AN adapter fitting. I dont know if that client has them installed yet, but possibly he can post some pics if he does.

Tom

Hi Tom,

What was the purpose for adding an adapter to adapt banjo to AN instead of just using the banjo hose end? Isn't that adding another failure point?

Thanks,
Russ

Beringer uses reusable hose ends, and we crimp ours. Yes we could get the crimp on 10mm banjo hose ends, and if enough builders want them, we'll certainly take that into consideration. With the banjo adapters, we can use our stock hose assemblies for whatever plane. Some are -3, most are -4.

Tom

Beringer conversions=

Since there is some interest in the Beringer Brake conversions for RV's, I think Steve and I will address this with a modified hose package for the RV4, 6/7/9, 8, 10, & 14's, and for the ELSA-RV12's if they make the masters and calipers to fit. Playing with the details now, but we have a plan.

Tom