rdamazio

Well Known Member
Hi all!

I've installed the Beringer ALIR regulator on my -10, and Beringer's instructions for adjusting its pressure limit is essentially "lower the limit until the wheels no longer lock with maximum braking". I see two issues with this method:
- every time the wheels lock, I will be wearing the tires and creating bald spots, so I'd possibly be going through many tires just to adjust this :p
- there's no good way to see if the tires are locking, from the cockpit, even if I had a copilot observer while I land

How have others adjusted their regulators? (and if you remember, what was your final adjustment value? Could serve as an informed starting point for others)

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: if you'd like to discuss whether the ALIR is worth it, I'm happy to discuss on a separate thread :) really looking just for advice on how to adjust it here.

ALIR adjusting

I waited to adjust mine and picked a rainy day. I figured that’s what the anti locks were most needed. It only took a few times down the runway to adjust them. My phase 1 runway was 5,000 ft so plenty of room.