n5lp

fugio ergo sum
Benedict.jpg

Tom Benedict attended LOE this weekend and enjoyed it greatly. He also had a bit of trouble with a flat battery on his RV-6. Dan Taylor of the War Eagles Museum and Tom Navar of Santa Teresa were of special help getting him going. Tom Navar pulled a battery out of his Pitts to get Tom Benedict home.

Tom and Lyn Benedict want to invite these two people and all RVers and all others involved with the LOE fly-in especially to his fly-in at his strip near Roswell, NM on Saturday October 20th, 2007.

RV specific information from me (Larry): Tom's strip is north/south, one half mile long. It is dirt/gravel and smooth. I have the newer style Van's wheelpants and they work fine at this strip but someone with low ground clearance may not want to do it. I have never gotten a propeller nick here using normal gravel strip procedures. There may be cow patties, but Tom said he will try to minimize that by cleaning and keeping the cattle off before the fly-in. The strip is just to the left of what is shown in the photo above, very near the house. If the wind is blowing from the direction of the house it might be prudent to land past the house if the wind favors landing to the south. There is a windsock near the house and another one half way down the strip. People can be picked up at the Roswell Airport which is 5 miles away.

Tom and Lyn are very hospitable and this should be a fun event!

Larry Pardue

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is from the flier:

BENEDICT AIRPARK FLY-IN

OCTOBER 20, 2007

108 degree radial 11 miles from Chisum VOR, Roswell, N.M.
33-15-07.3740N 104-26-32.8770W NM20 Unicom 122.9

POTLUCK DINNER: Meat, beans, bread and drink furnished. Bring tie downs, your favorite dish and a camp or folding chair.

We will be serving Breakfast Sunday morning.

Tom and Lyn Benedict 505-622-3458 av8r (at) plateautel.net
136 East Orchard Park Road
Dexter, New Mexico 88230

Motels in the area.

Comfort Inn 505-523-4567 $104.49 plus tax Continental Breakfast

Super 8 505-623-8886 $68.18 taxes included Continental Breakfast

* Need to call motel as soon as possible (can always be cancelled) as this is New Mexico Military Institute Homecoming Weekend