BlackRV7

Well Known Member
In final preparation for the second, first engine start for Black Magic, I need to do my Bendix mag p lead, ground and sensor pickups. I use two toggle switches in the cockpit to ground the mags. On my old slicks, I just attached my glass panel engine monitor RPM pickups onto the external p-lead pickup. On these Bendix, I use that little washer p-lead with the screw on cap for p-lead and grounding. My question: for those of you using a flat panel, single wire, RPM pickup to your panel, how did you attach this wire using a Bendix. Did you just run the wire through the cap, through the sleeve and attach it to the p-lead washer pickup?

Looking forward to cranking this Barrett 360 up.......I need electrons:D!!

Last edited:
"P" Lead

Dana:

Hooked mine up to the ignition toggle switch end of the "P" lead on the un-grounded side. Might not hurt to use shielded wire as there is a chance of picking up ignition noise if the sensor wire runs too close to any audio circuits.

I didn't and got lucky.;)

Dana:

Hooked mine up to the ignition toggle switch end of the "P" lead on the un-grounded side. Might not hurt to use shielded wire as there is a chance of picking up ignition noise if the sensor wire runs too close to any audio circuits.

I didn't and got lucky.;)

I have a single shielded wire running from my toggle switch to my mag. I use the braided shield to attach to one side of my toggle switch and ground the other end onto the mag case. The middle wire goes to the p lead and the other side of the toggle. Are you saying to simply attach my efis rpm single wire pickup to the p lead side of the toggle switch?

Thanks

Last edited: