Adam

Well Known Member
Hi All,
Have any of you guys used the Bendix KMD 150 moving map and what do you think!

I have a KMD 150 in my RV-8 and think it is a great VFR GPS. The display is easy to see in any sunlight. It is simple to use, which is important to me. It drives my autopilot just fine, just remember to program it to do that in the set-up mode.... The only bad thing about the unit is that the price has been upped quite a bit in the past two years. However, I'd still buy another one.
Tom N558TX

Good Unit Over Priced!

I had one with internal GPS in my Mooney paid $2895.00 over 5 years ago. Price should come down or at least stayed the same. 496 with a Gizmo dock is a better buy. More features less cash.

FWIW

mdf 150 and autopilot

I can't find any any information about how to program my cessna 300 autopilot to work properly with my 150.
It seems to work (it moves the command but not in the right way)

I love the KMD150

Best thing since sliced bread for VFR navigating IMO. Makes transitioning class B airspace around DFW a no brainer (exactly what I need sometimes!). I also run a 496 which is a great piece of equipment but for shear ease of use around controlled airspace the 150 is the winner.
Walt

I too, love my KMD 150

I'd buy one again in a heartbeat.
main features are size of screen and ease of use.
if your shopping, look in barnstormers and ebay for companies selling at a discount. I think I paid about 2800 a couple years ago for new with internal gps and card update........sometimes I see an ad in TAP too....but mostly see prices of 3500 and up.
They advertise Reconditioned too, not sure if they are really reconditioned or just a way to publicly lower the price to sell more.
oh......only draw back.....the updated date card costs 250.00 ouch! but I'll pay it. Hope this helps.