ccsmith51

Well Known Member
I want to get my Bendix D4LN2021, 10-382555-11 overhauled. I got a quote from Quality Aircraft Accessories in Tulsa for $1,395. I spoke with them and they were very helpful and seemed very competent.

How does that price sound? It sounds like a lot of money to me, but I have nothing to base that on other than it IS a lot of money to me!! :)

Anyone else I should contact that would do the overhaul, complete with yellow tag and 8130-3 (I think that is the form they quoted), that might cost less?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Overhaul

I want to get my Bendix D4LN2021, 10-382555-11 overhauled. I got a quote from Quality Aircraft Accessories in Tulsa for $1,395. I spoke with them and they were very helpful and seemed very competent.

How does that price sound? It sounds like a lot of money to me, but I have nothing to base that on other than it IS a lot of money to me!! :)

Anyone else I should contact that would do the overhaul, complete with yellow tag and 8130-3 (I think that is the form they quoted), that might cost less?

Thanks,

We had ours done last hear for about $1200. It made me consider going to one single mag and the electronic style. That seems to be the going rate.

D2000

Call Shaun at Eagle Magneto in New Smyrna Beach. On the airport I think. Don't have a phone # handy, but you can google Eagle Magneto.

I looked at going with a single mag and electronic. But it would cost almost as much for the EI as it would to have the mag overhauled. Then there would be the additional $800 or so for the single mag.

There are a lot of planes flying with the dual mag, and from what I have read if all the AD's are complied with, then it is a reliable unit. So, I think I will stay with it. But mine is so old, circa 1973 that it's time to bite the bullet and get it taken care of.

Mannan, I actually have an appointment with Shaun at 10:00 Monday. I have spoken with him twice and he seems to know what he is talking about. However, when we spoke about an overhaul he mentioned that parts are very hard to find. If he can do it I will work with him as I can drive there in 1:20.

But, because of his comments on parts availability, and the cost, I felt I needed to do some due diligence in looking at alternatives.

Mannan, I actually have an appointment with Shaun at 10:00 Monday. I have spoken with him twice and he seems to know what he is talking about. However, when we spoke about an overhaul he mentioned that parts are very hard to find. If he can do it I will work with him as I can drive there in 1:20.

But, because of his comments on parts availability, and the cost, I felt I needed to do some due diligence in looking at alternatives.

Any chance a 3000 will work?

Mannan, yes, I understand a D3000 is a direct replacement for a D2000. Mine is a 10-382555-11, so the D3000 replacement is a 10-682555-11.

Andy, PM sent.

Can anyone tell me if the differences between a 10-382555-11 and a 10-382555-13? Are they interchangable? I searched with Google and got no info.