AX-O

Well Known Member
Working on my -8 tail

I bent the leading edge of the rudder and had no major problems. But when I did the right elevator, I had major problems. I was able to roll the top edge but I could not roll the bottom edge due to interference caused by 605 (don't have the plans in front of me. It is the control arm that is riveted to the elevator). Wasted over 2 hours trying to get the edges right and riveted. Does anyone have advice on how to do the lower edge before I start on the left elevator? I ended up cutting my girlfriends broom in half and doing small sections at a time.

I also had a heck of a time with the first elevator. I used a 1" pipe and duct tape but the tape kept pulling of in trying to get that tight radious especially out toward the tip. I used Gorilla tape on the second one and it worked perfectly. You can roll the second edge under the first easily. Don

You guy's are trying too hard. You really don't need a real tight radius. Get the roll started, then flex the skins toward each other and clecoe as you go.

Doing the radius in sections is perfectly fine, too.

Roberta