Dmadd

Well Known Member
My Bells tail wheel fork is on the way. Whats the current thinking concerning the best tire to put back there? There has to be something better that the stock Vans tailwheel.

Dennis

API

The solid tire is the way to go, years of abuse by me has shown great service on both my RV4 and now my Rocket. Personally, I love the Aviation Products Inc. dual fork tailwheel. It has a higher ground clearance than all of the others. When you operate on turf, gravel and mud 80% of the time as I do, it's invaluable. API also sells a solid tire with sealed bearings that is of stellar quality. Vince's TW and tires have given many others great service. Both Vince and API are small, home businesses, the heart of America.

Your call..

Smokey
HR2

Last edited:
you have a website for Aviation Products,inc? I did a search and came up with a company that sells adhesives.

Website...not.

API is very small and isn't on the web. You can call them on the phone though at: 805-646-6042.

Smokey
HR2

Jerry,

Thanks for the vote of confidence on the tailwheel tire. They are just about foolproof and very reliable with hundreds out in the field now. They work just great on just about any tailwheel... mine, the Bell, or Van's.

I had to laugh when Smoky Ray said "small company". He's hit it right on the head! I sweep the floors, pack the boxes, and make the parts... but it's so much more fun and rewarding than my day job! I truly appreciate the friends I've made and the support from the RV community.

Thanks,