tkatc

Well Known Member
I have a Bell tailwheel fork and a DJM lightweight tailwheel. The spacers that came with the fork are too small. Apparently there are 2 sizes of spacers provided by Bell, a larger spacer and a smaller spacer, each made to fit the standard tailwheel provided by Van's. (There were 2 different sizes provided by Van's, thus the 2 size spacers)

Bell has offered to make me the correct size for my tailwheel but I am not sure what that size would be offhand. Anybody know?

0.356"

I had the same issue and the Bell's sent me a replacement set of spacers that worked perfectly.

From my notes and email history with Doug Jr., Doug Sr. and Mary:

- original spacers measured 9/32" (0.282") each
- standard Van's tailwheel measured 2.25"
- my DJM wheel measured 2.10"

We came up with (2.25"-2.10")/2 = 0.075" additional per spacer making them 0.282"+0.075" = 0.356". The new spacers worked perfectly.

-Greg

Bell Reply

Greg, thanks for your input. It seems that the DJM wheel is a unique size and we have a few of these orders right now.
Anthony who posted the first question....I sent you an email this morning with a couple questions.
We'll get this solved and new spacers out soon.
Thanks all
Doug jr.

Kudos to Bell Tailwheel forks! They made my spacers to accommodate my JDM lightweight tailwheel. Great customer service. The spacers are SNUG and look great! Thanks Doug and Mary.

_DSC0650.JPG