tboyett

All,

I am building EAB, and would like to solicit input from previous and current builders about what to plumb into the fuselage BEFORE installing the landing gear. Neither the tailcone nor the turtledeck skins are installed. The finish kit's wiring harnesses are currently being installed. I do not have the avionics kit yet, but would like to put it on its gear to facilitate engine installation. Is deferring avionics until after gear install a missed opportunity or is it even relevant?

Any and all input appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

There's nothing in the bay where the gear legs go except the brake lines so installing them now won't interfere with anything else that I'm aware of. I have mine on the gear and I am still finishing up the forward fuselage and firewall installation. It's easier and lower to the ground to work on in this configuration rather than up on saw horses.

finish03.jpg

I wish I had delayed MLG installation until the very last moment. I could have laid the fuse on its side and had much better access. I delayed the tail until last minut as well, that was a smart decision.

Install the AP servos and the brakes and all the flight control linkages with the fuse able to be on its side. I had the tail on before the MLG, still able to turn on its side. The fuse was sitting on a table. I installed the gear that way then finally slid the table out from under the plane. Lift by the tail, no wings on it. in fact, at one point you have to temporarily attach the wings for the final drilling of the flaperon linkage and I think the plane was still without the gear for that.