n5lp

fugio ergo sum
DSC03036.jpg

Even before I started building I knew I didn't want a showplane, if that was even possible. I was well aware of the effort needed to get, and especially, to keep, that look. I wanted something useful that might even show the effects of that use.

One day, half-way through the build a friend (George West) showed up with a prototype stick grip in his hand. He had bought some cherrywood at a garage sale and started in.

Those marks of wear mean a lot to me. A friend volunteered a part that has gotten long and honest use. Would I ever try to clean this part up? No chance.

Let's hear it for the well-used plane with character.

I love the signs of wear, too. I respect people who can build a "masterpiece" but my heart is with the hearty little plane that I can take into a gravel strip without terror.

Now, Larry, when are you going to share those fabulous fire photos with us? Paul can't see them on Facebook. :(

(Ignore that sad face in the title. Clumsy fingers.)

...Now, Larry, when are you going to share those fabulous fire photos with us? Paul can't see them on Facebook...

Well the stick grip is on an RV but hard to make the fire photos out to be RV related no matter how much I try. I know Paul is a "fire guy" though, so I'll send him the link to view them on Facebook.

I do take an inordinate pleasure in trying to get good wildfire photos from the spectacularly unsuitable RV-6 photo-airplane.

Eeeeewwwwww! Put some 409 on that thing and clean it off! Don't you wash your hands before you fly? ;)
:D

It is nice to see something you built show signs of use. Life is good when you have the time to put on "wear".

Lets see those pictures.

Last edited:
I'm not buying it

Well the stick grip is on an RV but hard to make the fire photos out to be RV related no matter how much I try. I know Paul is a "fire guy" though, so I'll send him the link to view them on Facebook.

I do take an inordinate pleasure in trying to get good wildfire photos from the spectacularly unsuitable RV-6 photo-airplane.

I saw Black Belly's wing in some of those photos. It's as RV-related as my Atchafalaya, Larry's Missouri River, and Rosie et al.'s Bahamas posts. Your fans want to see them!

What she said!

I saw Black Belly's wing in some of those photos. It's as RV-related as my Atchafalaya, Larry's Missouri River, and Rosie et al.'s Bahamas posts. Your fans want to see them!

Larry,
I'll add my toss from the peanut gallery in support of Louise. You're using your RV to take the pictures...that makes it RV related enough for me.

And besides, I want to see them too! :D

Thanks Larry

I just buried my Dad and I have his restored Uke-banjo that he bought at 18 years of age and played for over 60 years!

The Black
Ebony frets are worn down from his years of finger pressures and are a pleasant reminder of the joy he brought to others while wearing it out!

Best,